Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thats My Man!

So quick story of the day

This morning Casey and I had a bunch of plans, get breakfast, go to the temple, come home, and spend some time together... and then... the story starts:

I got up a little bit late... but still with enough time to do everything planned for the day. It's freezing in our house, especially in the mornings. (comes in very useful in the summer and its so nice and cool in here) so i have a space heater on while i get ready. I was blow-drying my hair when all of a sudden the blow dryer stopped and my feet suddenly got very cold... i blew a fuse! dang-it!

Thank goodness my super helpful hubby went strait to the back yard to flip the switch back on. He was outside for probably 2, maybe 3, minutes. Then he came back in and we both continued getting ready. We were RIGHT on time for the day when i realized, i haven't seen my dear kitty, Lucy in a while. I go wandering around the house to see where shes at. Then i check under the bed, in the garage, and in all of her usual hiding places... PANIC... shes not in the house! My kitty is missing! I run out to the front yard calling her name...nothing... i look out the back door, nothing... double, triple check all the usual spot... nothing. I return outside and walk further into the back yard. I call her name for like... 5 minutes with nothing... she HAS to be outside. Finally i hear something... its definitely her cry (she has a very distinctive "voice") but its far away. I keep calling her... a few minutes later, another MEOW but i don't see her... I yell for Casey... He comes outside and i say, shes outside!

Hes out there for maybe 30 seconds and he quickly spots her... way up high, in the big tree in our backyard!

For the next forty-five minutes we scramble to get her out. I try coaxing her... tempting her with food... she's enjoying herself in the tree. Finally Casey gets a broom and gets her down with that. By that time it was too late to do certain things for the day so we regrouped and went to Lunch (no breakfast...thanks Lucy). And ran some errands.

Thank You to my Hubby who, though she was being really annoying and i know he was tempted to let her stay out there, got my crazy cat Lucy out of the tree! :)

THE END

1 comment:

S.Shepherd said...

That is such a great story. I can totally picture the whole situation like I was there.