Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy 24th Hubby!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEY!

Sunday, the man of my dreams turned 24! Last year for his birthday, I was not able to do what i wanted because i got laid off from my job. So this year, i really wanted to make up for last year and throw him a surprise party and then go to San Diego to the Mirimar Air Show.

Unfortunately, i caught the flu the Sunday before his birthday. I spend Monday at the doctors, Tuesday and Wednesday recovering and highly medicated, and then Thursday and Friday working and trying to catch up from being out all week. Needless to say the surprise party didn't happen.

Casey's and his mom were so helpful, she even offered to help me try to pull of the party even though i was pretty much beat up but it just wasn't possible.

I told Casey about it and he was so cute...just excited about the idea. maybe next year i could pull it off.

Friday night we left for San Diego (a few hours behind schedule, but that's okay...) We spend a good half hour lost in Sylmar...which was fun because i had never seen Sylmar and (I'm easily amused) i loved seeing something i never had before.

When we got to my Grandparents house it was like 10pm and they had cake and ice cream ready for us. We sang to Casey and hit the sack.

Early the next morning we drove another 45 min to the air show. it was SO much fun. Casey loved it. It was my second time there but Casey's first... we decided this will be a yearly thing. Casey and i loved watching the military planes doing amazing stunts in the sky. We left a bit early though, because we totally spaced it and forgot about sunscreen. We got pretty burnt! [Picture of our sunburns and then of the cool things we saw while we baked :) ]

After the air show, we went back to my grandparent's house, took a nap and then went out to dinner at Chili's where they sung happy birthday to him and then we went and saw the Toy Story Double Feature in 3d.

AND THEN... we went back to my Grandparents house, went to sleep, woke up the next morning and drove home for birthday dinner at Casey's parents' house.

All in all the weekend was a success and i am feeling much better, but now I'm sunburned. It was worth it to see how much my husband enjoyed it. I'm so lucky to have a husband who can do all he does for me and on top of it, go to school and work and take care of a sick wife... I'm just so glad we could do something nice for his birthday.

This weekend is Justin and Andrea's wedding so we get to escape again to San Diego to my Grandparents house. I'm so excited... to see my grandparents and to see two of my friends become an eternal family. I'm so happy for them!

all that is left to do now is get ready for our fist Holiday season together.. starting with Halloween! yay!

1 comment:

Aly said...

Hey you need to post more pictures of you and your hubby :) I know, I miss talking to you while we were "working." Ha! How are things going? Sounds like you're really enjoying your job at Sunshine. What are you studying again?