Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Keeping Busy

Hey everyone! It’s time for my Weekend Update! I don’t have many pictures to go along with this blog …but I’ll to my best to make it more aesthetically pleasing for you.

[random picture on my computer... true statement]

Last week was a short workweek which was nice. I needed the break. I don’t remember what Casey and I did on Thursday, but we called it a night pretty early because Friday was going to be another early day.



Friday morning, Casey worked for a little bit and then when I woke up, I drove and picked up Casey, we rented a car and drove up to a town called Madera (30 miles north of Fresno). Why Madera, you ask? Well, Casey found a truck online that he was interested in getting so we drove up there to look at it... lo and behold, it was perfect. We drove away from Madera with a big new toy and another four hours til we got home. To fully paint the picture, it’s a 2006 F20, 4x4, diesel, charcoal grey, with an 8 inch lift… Whoa Nelly! :) .On the way home, we stopped in Bakersfield for dinner at P. F. Chang's. It would have been better if I hadn’t felt sick and been so tired but it was good nonetheless. Casey dropped me off at my car and I drove home. (Pictures of the new truck to come!)

When I got home from our Madera Journey, I found that my father had put a lamp in my room (previously I had had NO light in my room besides the window), hung up my cabinet and put a picture up. This inspired me to buckle down and clean. So Saturday I spent all day getting my life in order. I had already planned to spend the day putting my car back in working order. But it took me longer than I had hoped to find the pink slip to get all the legal stuff done I had in front of me. So I got a lot done Saturday. I am now (finally) legally driving my car. My room is SO clean and I love it. I didn’t realize how big my room is. My cat hates it though, she likes when I have my laundry on the floor and she can sleep on it. She walks around meowing all sad coz she can’t find her bed but oh well. I finally got the time to clean my room like I’ve been wanting to, and it’s still clean. I think that’s a new record! ::applause::. It only took all day, I worked up a good sweat too. Afterwards, Casey and I went to dinner and came back to watch the movie 21... (Good flick)



Sunday was a baby blessing. After that I went home and took a nap and then went to Casey’s house for some family dinner and bonding time. It was as fun as always.

Yesterday I left work early because I wasn’t feeling great... I got home at about 3:40 and fell asleep. I woke up in time for dinner with Casey and to watch The Hills and then go back to sleep. Today I'm not feeling much better but I've gotten a ton of work done today and I still have a ton more to do. Tomorrow is a huge meeting here I have to prep for. Tonight I’m babysitting for my mom's friend... hooray for extra cash! Thursday I have nothing on the agenda... probably relax and regroup from my nonstop week so far. Friday is the Jazz and Blues Festival outside the Hyatt. I will be working it as Miss Stevenson Ranch. Saturday I will be doing my recycling and maybe some more volunteer work. Saturday night I’m going out to dinner for my friend’s birthday and Sunday I have two farewells (same ward) and Gage’s baby blessing (sorry Singles Ward… I’ll be back the following week!). Phew… that’s a lot going on in one week. I have some more fun stuff in the works for the next few months… but the plans aren’t developed enough yet to spew on my blog.

I am still working on that recipe book of mine… its mango week on Our Best Bites and I’ve got this super yummy looking recipe I want to try out, but Casey’s not too excited about it. I think I have to just buckle down and make it… I’m sure he’ll like it. You should check it out on their blog. I think that’s all on my end. Thanks for stopping by!

[mommy & me at the mother daughter pageant luncheon]

See ya next time! :)

No comments: