Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"When it rains, it pours"

That's one of my favorite sayings that my boss and i repeat on a day to day basis here at work. Today has been a bit stressful, to say the least. The big meeting I've been prepping for since Monday is here, and I'm exhausted. I didn't go to bed til after 1:30am (babysitting last night was super easy... the kid was taller than me and wasn't feeling well so he slept in his room almost the whole time) and then woke up at 5:30am, got ready (i burnt my forehead with the curling iron) and headed off to work. On my way, i had to pick up pastries for the first half of the meeting, but of course i get the slow, new, quiet, dumb person who doesn't know anything about donuts or whatever and it took WAY too long just to get a box of donuts. As i got on the freeway i got a voicemail from my boss saying she'll be a little late on getting in to help me set up.. which is fine, i could handle this. On the way into work there was a huge crash that blocked the street my office is in so i had to go all the way around to get to my office. After i finally arrived in, i brought the pastries in and began setting up. everything was going fine until i went to wash the fruit i bought yesterday to go along with the pastries... the water wasn't working. So the guys i work with went to figure out why we have no water in the building... which means the bathrooms aren't working.. great... no bathrooms or water to make the Coffee for probably the most important meeting we've had since I've been with the company. When they went to find the source of the problem... they found that someone had stolen our water piping from the side of the building. Couldn't they have waited til tomorrow so we could get through today firs! jeez. so now we have the plumbers working on the building, we have to send the customers to our facility across the street if they have to use the potty and I'm vastly under rested. ::sigh:: at least i get the leftovers of any food that our guests don't eat today.

After work today I'm going to go tanning (<3), take a nap and then hang out with Casey for a little bit. but I'm already pooped and its not even noon yet! I'm excited for tomorrow because its supposed to be a normal day with nothing special going on whatsoever. i could really use a nap right about now. but writing about the stress really helped. gotta love blogger. lol.

thanks for reading y'all!

See ya next time :)

~k.

No comments: