Friday, September 18, 2009

Oy My achin' Back!

So these past two weeks have been really odd.

The Tuesday after the three day weekend, I hurt my back at work and was unable to go to work for two days. So that has been the focus of my life lately. They gave me some medication which proved that i am quite the medical light weight. (me + muscle relaxers=me as a vegetable).
But now I am back at work and doing my best to recover quickly. Yesterday i went for a follow up with the doctor and they decided to do an XRay. Everything is fine, however my muscle is still spasm-ing and i am still in pain at random intervals in the day.
They recommended physical therapy... i don't know if i want to do it. I would rather just slowly recover and work out at the gym or something. I don't know. Maybe I'm being stubborn.
OH and in other people news:

Justin and Andrea (friends of casey and myself) got engaged on Sept 11 and are getting married October 10th...of this year! i am SO excited for them!
My mother is currently in Israel to celebrate the Jewish Holidays with her friends that live in Israel and spend time with their families.

Tuesday the 15th was my big brother Garrett's birthday... big 25!
Today is my neices Makenna and Reagan's Birthdays. They are now 6 & 5! They are getting so big!

On Monday, Casey and I will have been married for 6 months! time is flying so fast. I feel like we Just got married. I feel like August is just beginning and in no time at all we will be doing our first Christmas as a married couple! But right now i need to focus in on Halloween and Fall decorations. Casey's mom and i are going to try to do some crafts this year and hopefully make our house look more homey and festive for the holidays. YAY! so much to be excited about!

ps: small (sad) note... this year marks the tenth year of my grandpa passing away. I just wanted to post something about him. He has been on my mind a whole lot this year. Especially since i got married. He was such a good grandfather... a great example to myself and my siblings. I will always look up to him and am so happy his health struggles are over. I am so greatful that families are together forever. I love you Grandpa Boyd!
*I wish i had a picture of him on the computer. Any family members that do, please send it to me*
UPDATE: I FOUND PICTURES OF MY AMAZING GRANDPA BOYD.

2 comments:

S.Shepherd said...

I don't have any on my computer. They are all in print.

Bummer about the back problems. Hope that you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Kendell -

I'm glad that you took the pictures of Grandpa for your Blog. Don't you have the book me and Grandma made for you after he died? If not let us know and your address, etc...and we can send you a copy and or I have lots of pictures of Grandpa if you want them.

love,

Erin and Grandma