Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sweet September!

Once again, it has been way too long since the last post. Perhaps if i blogged more regularly, my posts would be short and sweet as opposed to my usual "short stories". So here's the updates.

A lot of changes have gone down at sunshine as far as my classroom is concerned. First I was in a classroom with "Raven", a 6 foot tall athlete from Tennessee. But Sunshine isn't where he wanted to be so he left. Now I'm with Polka-Dot and Cinnamon. Polka-dot used to be front desk but with her school schedule this year, she couldn't do that anymore so now she is my co counselor. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm with Cinnamon. I still don't know too much about her. I've had so much fun this year so far! my kids are adorable. I love starting the year with a group of kids. Kind of a fresh slate... so cool!
August's classroom theme was "Back to School Roundup". I had so much fun with that as far as decorating went.

This month is "Sweet September", Kind of a play off Candyland. I'm having more fun this month with the planning and Candy Themed activities.

When I'm not at sunshine, I'm at COC. Casey and i have both started school. I go between shifts on Monday and Wednesday and Casey goes after work on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. My classes are so much fun and they help a lot at work. They give me a lot of new insights and help me understand the children better. I cannot wait to learn more!

This last week, both work and school were made difficult due to the fires close to where i work and close to COC. there was so much smoke and ash that my asthma hurt SOO bad. i had a hard time just walking to and from my car! it was insane. my asthma is usually not a huge deal, but for some reason, the dense smoke triggered it really bad. But all is well now....

Especially considering Casey and i took the holiday weekend as a chance to come and visit my dad in San Fransisco. Yesterday, Casey and i took the BART to Embarcadaro and then walked through the Farmer's Market and then through Fisherman's Warf. We hit up Gharadelli Square and of course my favorite cupcake shop, Kara's Cupcakes! (amazing!)
Casey had his first REALLY Gharadelli sundae. We were thinking of taking a sunset cruise on the bay, around Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge, but the dense fog rolled in and we knew that if we did it, it would have been a waste of money because we wouldnt be able to see the sunset, let alone any of the sights. So we headed back early to do dinner with my dad. But we didn't feel like walking the whole way back, and i had blisters on my feet from my sandals so we hopped on what i called "a Ridey Guy". Its a guy on a bike with a two passenger seat buggy towed behind him. It was sort of romantic and a nice way to see what we walked in a better light... its really beautiful when your not walking the whole way. we took some cute pictures on Casey's phone on it. (i forgot the battery to my camera in it's charger at my dad's house). After we got back, we watched Taken with my dad and then went out to dinner to this amazing Italian place in the town next to my dad's.

Sunday we went down to this cute little town called Sauselito (spelling is probably horrible). We walked the shops and ate some good food and watched a guy catch a sting ray and annother man make rock sculptures. it was a fun day!



Yesterday, we just had breakfast with my dad and drove home. Leaving him, as always, was really hard. Thank you for an amazing weekend daddy! Love you!

:)
* MORE PICTURES TO COME SOON.... I PROMISE*

No comments: