Thursday, July 24, 2008

Future Domestic Goddess?

I'm sitting here at my desk feeling very proud of myself at the moment. Yesterday I snagged some fun/easy/yummy sounding recipes from the net and typed them up nicely and printed them out. Last night i ran to target and bought a cute pinkish binder and some fun sticker lettering and other scrapbook decorations and some paper slip covers..... and wah lah... by 8am this morning i have (finally) started my recipe book! i am going to learn to cook. I divided it into two sections. Things i can make and stuff to try. right now everything is in the stuff to try section but i really want to move stuff into the Things I Can Make category. :)

SO: If anyone has any recipes they'd like to share with me, let me know. I'm so excited to become someone who's comfortable in the kitchen and a decent cooking person. hahah.

Anyways... today is the end of my workweek. For those who didn't know, i work on whats called a 9/80 schedule. Meaning: 9 days, 80 hours. So one week i work Mon-Thurs 9 hour shifts. Then Friday an 8 hr shift. The following week i work Mon-Thurs 9 hour shifts and have Friday off. So tomorrow i don't work and i am SO ready for a resting day. I am STILL in pain from the stupid orthodontist appointment i had on Monday.... and i still cant really eat solid foods without it hurting.

Last night was nice, however. Casey and I went to CoCo's for dinner. I was planning on just getting the Cream of Broccoli soup but when i saw the spaghetti on the Club 55 page, i had to get it. It was something that was soft enough and skinny enough that i didn't have to chew it. finally solid food! lol. So i had Spaghetti and soup and Casey told me that as soon as i finished eating, i had color in my face... apparently i wasn't looking so great last night. After dinner, we went back to my house and went to the spa. We weren't there long before I was getting tired and my face was hurting again so we went back to my house and watched America's Funnies Home Videos. I can't believe that shows still running.. but it looks NOTHING like the way it did when i fell in love with it.

I probably won't post again until Monday when i do the Weekend Update. Until then...


[picture of me and my friend chrissy after the photoshoot 7/19/08 and annother picture from the shoot. maybe one more to come]


See ya next time :)

No comments: