Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hello Again!

Hey there again! Second post. I like this blogging thing.
I have a feeling the rest of my posts will be a lot shorter than the first one... you're welcome.

I just got off the phone with my older sister. She had just gotten out of the dentist. i am so happy i called her right then because it was probably the funniest thing I've ever heard. :) [love you whit] I really really want to go to Utah to visit her. and go to important places in the church, like the beehive house.

I've felt really close to the church lately, which is good because times are hard. I feel like my testimony has grown a lot in the past month or so and i think that my testimony growing is a special blessing because i don't know how i could stay sane the way the world is without faith in knowing that i have Christ on my side. Yesterday i was playing on Google because i was bored. (this idea was inspired from my friend Jessica who also has a desk job). I googled "random facts" and read some funny stuff. Then i decided i wanted to read some of those funny facts about Mormons... u know the ones that are like "Mormons have horns" and stuff like that. I always thought it was funny hearing people's assumptions about Mormons. But what i found was really cruel and totally false. i do NOT suggest anyone googling that. if you want to know anything about the church, stick to LDS.org. It left me with a really bad feeling inside. Some innocent person wants to know more about the Mormon church, so they check the worlds best search engine. Instead of finding facts that can lead them to make their own decision, they find these horrible lists that literally make the people think that Mormons hate everyone and think that everyone in the world besides Mormon's are going to hell. I talked to Casey about it last night and we were talking about how obvious it is that that is Satan's doing. Someone wants to know more about the church and is stopped by lies and is not given the chance to make their own decision about it. thank goodness for missionary work.

It Really Happened

Yesterday was a day that seemed centered around financial discussions. (not something i love talking about). While i love talking politics and stuff [vote republican ;) ], as soon as it turns to how horrible the economy is and blah blah blah, its pretty depressing. So today i am swearing off any talk of money.

Today's focus is the photo shoot i have coming up this weekend. and How my 11 month anniversary with Casey is tomorrow. (i know... 11 months is a random thing to be excited for. but I'm excited for every day i spend with him). And i'm also getting excited about getting healthy. I go for walks on all my breaks and im trying really hard to drink lots of water and yesterday i went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of salad supplies so i can make healthy lunches every day instead of drivethrough some lame place and eat my weight in grease (oh how i love del taco). lol. If anyone has any tips on other ways to get healthy, let me know. I'm all for it.

Lately i've been thinking about what it is i want to do with the rest of my life. I want to do something that i can do from home once i have children and still devote time to them. I was thinking about being an event planner. I really have a passion for it. I need some more experience in it. Ive done a few things and would love to do a bunch more. I will do any event for anyone that reads my blog for free! (as long as they let me take pictures to put in my portfolio). So if anyone has anything that needs to be planned... or u know someone who has a wedding, birthday party, company picnic or what-have-you, ill do it! pass the word along!



[picture from ccompany picnic i planned end of june of this year]

I have a lot of fun things to look forward to, which means u have a ton of things to look forward to reading about.



See you next time! :)
~k.

1 comment:

Stevie said...

Kendell! I don't know if you remember me, but it Stevie from la mesa/valencia~

Just wanted to drop by and say hope you're doing well! :)